Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day3: Save on your electric bill

Here are 3 easy ways to save on your electric bill:
  1. As your light bulbs burn out, replace them with cf (compact florescent) bulbs. You can buy them in bulk from walmart or home depot or lowes. I have seen them as inexpensive as 5 for 10.00 or 2.00/bulb. I put the date on the light bulb of when I installed the light, so I can track how often bulbs need to be replaced. I had 4 recessed lights in my kitchen and 1 always burned out before the rest, I replace the fixture and saved money on light bulbs.



  2. Turn off the lights every time you leave a room. Mythbusters did a show on this and found that you will save electricity if you turn off the lights every time you leave the room.
  3. If it's not in use, turn it off. Turn off the tv, vcr, dvd, dvr, and any other electronics that you have on.




-Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment